The Robert-Bourassa Generating Station celebrates its 40th anniversary this year. In october 1979, Québec's prime minister, Mr. René Lévesque was proceeding at the commissioning of the first generating unit!
Come and admire internationally renowned power-generating facilities! Take advantage of Hydro-Québec's free guided tour of the Robert-Bourassa Generating Station, located 137 metres below the ground. Since repairs are under way, you may get to see a huge generating unit up close!
Following a guided tour, you'll explore the spillway, known as the “Giant's Staircase“, and the dam, which stands as tall as a 53-storey building ! Absolutely amazing!
- 1st September 2019 to June 12 2020:
- Monday at 1 h PM, Wednesday and Friday at 8 h 30 AM in French;
- June 15 to August 28 2020:
- Mondays and Tuesdays at 1 PM, Thursdays and Saturdays at 9 AM
- Visitors must register 15 min. in advance
- Visitors must reserve 48 hours in advance
- Photo identification required
- Average length of tour: 3 h 30
- Admission free